The St. Matthew's Women's Club is a fellowship of Catholic Women dedicated to serving the church through prayer, community activities and charitable work. Catholic Women, at least 18 years of age and current members of St. Matthew's Catholic Church, are invited to join the activities of this vibrant and ever growing club.
Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month (except July) at 6:45 pm.
Some of our activities have included:
- Fall Festival: Members work the cake wheel booth, desserts table, and raffle.
- Bake Sales: Members bake cakes and cookies to raise funds for various activities and the club.
- Christmas Craft Show and Dinner: Members have participated in a craft show and also have an annual Christmas dinner for members and their guest.
- Parish Health Fair: Members coordinated a health fair for parishioners.
- Lenten Dinners: Members get together and cook a Lenten dinner consisting of cheese enchiladas or cheese manicotti and sell to the parish.
- Sock Hop: Members had a fundraiser for the church that included a costume contest, 50s music, limbo contest, and prizes.
- Cook Off: Members have had an annual cook-off with a western and international theme.
- Catholic Charities Foster Child Program: Members collected and distributed toys to needy children.
- Holy Family Prayer Garden: SMWC took the lead to coordinate, raise funds and build this garden.
- Monthly Spiritual Program: SMWC brings program speakers such as the Priests of St. Matthews, Liturgy, Youth Ministry, and various others to discuss various spiritual programs at the Church.
Our money/representation contributions include:
- Fall Festival - contributed to food and a raffle prize
- Holy Family Prayer Garden
- Halloween Carnival
- Social Concerns Christmas Baskets
- Breakfast with Santa
- Nursery Renovation
- St. Matthew Stewardship Committee
If you are interested in joining the Women's Club, please contact the Parish Office at (713)466-4030.